Geotechnical Soil Services
At Soil & Structure Consulting, our professionals can help you protect the structural integrity of your property. Whether you need us to perform site development feasibility studies, geophysical testing, or slope design and stabilization, we have the skills and expertise required to complete your project effectively and efficiently.
At Soil & Structure Consulting, we know what’s below the surface can be as crucial and complex as the structure it supports. Subsurface conditions can dramatically affect your project’s design, budget, and schedule. Our teams of geotechnical specialists combine extensive knowledge and innovative solutions that deliver cost-saving, practical and code-compliant designs. We provide geotechnical engineering services on residential, commercial construction, and public works/utilities construction projects.
Soil & Structure Consulting team has a lengthy track record in working with clients on fast-paced projects where responsiveness is critical to project success.
Some of our services include:
Engineering Analysis and Design
- Geotechnical Investigation (soil borings and standard penetration testing) for residential, commercial, and public construction.
- Site Development Feasibility Studies
- Excavations and Embankments
- Shoring Investigation and Design
- Footing Subgrade/Foundation Soils Verification (either with standard drill rig or hand auger/DCP)
- Foundation Engineering, including design of Deep Pile Foundations and Reinforced Concrete Slabs to Mitigate Poor or Weak Foundation Soil Conditions, as well as
- Design of Underpinning Systems Utilizing Helical Piers and other systems.
- Slope Design & Stabilization
- Lateral Support and Retaining Wall Design
- Pavement Condition Surveys, and Recommendations for Flexible or Rigid Pavements and/or Pavement Overlay or Repair;
- Earthwork and Grading Technical Specifications.
- Percolation Testing for Septic Field Design and Storm Water Infiltration Trenches
- Site & Soil Classification as per the Applicable Building Code
- Soil Borings and Rock Core Drilling
- Geophysical Testing
- Test Pit Excavations and Logging
All of our geotechnical consultations, assessments and installations are performed by licensed, professional soils engineers or scientists, so you can be confident that our team will efficiently and effectively identify any areas of concern on your property. We not only identify the source of your problem, but we also evaluate the extent of your issue and provide you with remediation plans to help you return your property to full strength and value.
Call us today to schedule a geotechnical consultation (703) 391-8911