GEOTECHNICAL SOIL Consultants for the Washington DC Metro Area
At Soil & Structure Consulting, our soil consultants can help you protect the structural integrity of your property. Whether you need us to perform site development feasibility studies, geophysical testing, or slope design and stabilization, we have the skills and expertise required to complete your project effectively and efficiently.
Some construction firms may not be aware that what’s below the surface can be as crucial and complex as the structure it supports. Subsurface conditions can dramatically affect your project’s design, budget, and schedule. Our teams of soil consultants combine extensive knowledge and innovative solutions that deliver cost-saving, practical and code-compliant designs. We provide geotechnical engineering services on residential, commercial construction, and public works/utilities construction projects.
Geotechnical Soil Services Provided By Our Experts
- Geotechnical Investigation (soil borings and standard penetration testing) for residential, commercial, and public construction.
- Site Development Feasibility Studies
- Excavations and Embankments
- Shoring Investigation and Design
- Footing Subgrade/Foundation Soils Verification (either with standard drill rig or hand auger/DCP)
- Foundation Engineering, including design of Deep Pile Foundations and Reinforced Concrete Slabs to Mitigate Poor or Weak Foundation Soil Conditions, as well as
- Design of Underpinning Systems Utilizing Helical Piers and other systems.
- Slope Design & Stabilization
- Lateral Support and Retaining Wall Design
- Pavement Condition Surveys, and Recommendations for Flexible or Rigid Pavements and/or Pavement Overlay or Repair;
- Earthwork and Grading Technical Specifications.
- Percolation Testing for Septic Field Design and Storm Water Infiltration Trenches
- Site & Soil Classification as per the Applicable Building Code
- Soil Borings and Rock Core Drilling
- Geophysical Testing
- Test Pit Excavations and Logging
Why Get Your Soil Inspected?
The soil in Northern Virginia is composed of Marine clay which means it dramatically swells when water is applied. This swelling in the soil can have major impacts on supporting structures over time. Since the soil consultants at Soil & Structure Consulting are local to the area, we have an in-depth knowledge of what measures need to be taken in order to stabilize the earth that is supporting your home or business.
Contact Our Soil Consultants Today!
All of our soil consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by licensed, professional soil engineers or scientists, so you can be confident that our team will efficiently and effectively identify any areas of concern on your property. We not only identify the source of your problem but also evaluate the extent of your issue and provide you with remediation plans to help you return your property to full strength and value. Contact us today to learn more
Call us today to schedule a geotechnical consultation (703) 391-8911